Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Waiting On Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly post hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to shine a spotlight on upcoming books and I'm eagerly participating! 


Second Chance Summer
By Morgan Matson
Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing, 480 pages
Expected publication: 8th May, 2012


Taylor’s family might not be the closest-knit – everyone is a little too busy and overscheduled – but for the most part, they get along fine. Then they get news that changes everything: Her father has pancreatic cancer, and it’s stage four – meaning that there is basically nothing to be done. Her parents decide that the family will spend his last months together at their old summerhouse in the Pocono Mountains. 


Crammed into a place much smaller and more rustic than they are used to, they begin to get to know each other again. And Taylor discovers that the people she thought she had left behind haven’t actually gone anywhere. Her former summer best friend is suddenly around, as is her first boyfriend. . . and he’s much cuter at seventeen than he was at twelve. 

As the summer progresses, the Edwards become more of a family, and closer than they’ve ever been before. But all of them very aware that they’re battling a ticking clock. Sometimes, though, there is just enough time to get a second chance – with family, with friends, and with love.


- Goodreads.com description

I swear if this is as good as Amy & Roger's Epic Detour, I'll just... am so happy! Lol. But seriously. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour just place her at the top of my must-read author list. Though I hope she'll give me more satisfactions in the ending then it did in Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. But this book sounds like the broken girl that'll be fixed by a guy and I want to READ it! Just because I love Morgan Matson's book. And I could also stay away for a while from the cutesy contemporary read :)


Fara

Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. I'd like to read this but I have Epic Detour still sitting on my shelf, wiating to be read!

    (New Follower)
    ComaCalm's Waiting For...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! This one is totally on my wishlist too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh! This sounds like an amazing book. Tragic, but great! I'll have to add it to my TBR pile.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, this would be a really emotional read.

    Thanks for stopping by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I would like to read this one, too. I'm a new LinkyFollower! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yessss! This was one of my first WoW picks, I'd JUST finished reading Amy & Roger's Epic Detour and was on a hunt for anything else Morgan Matson wrote (had no idea it was her only book at the time!) - I am so impatiently waiting for this!

    Great pick!
    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a feeling this one will be a tear jerker like My Sisters Keeper :o, sounds good though I'll just have to remember the kleenex. Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not yet read Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, but have heard so many amazing things, that it makes me want to check out the author's stuff, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh this one is a great pick! Sounds amazing!

    Please drop by @ my Waiting on Wednesday post here


    Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a nice cover :) I like the colors.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh ever since I saw this cover I knew I had to read it! I can't wait for it to come out! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this on someone else's blog. It sounds like the type of book that'll make you think long after you've read it. Thanks for sharing. My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds so sad! I want to cry just reading the description!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pick! This sounds really good and is definitely on my list! I must read Amy and Rogers Epic Detour soon as well.

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pick I also love the colors on the cover

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome choice! I came across this a few months ago in a meme and have been anxiously awaiting it's release. Only a few more months!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...